Throughout the year we have houseguests and like to welcome them in small ways so that they feel special.
– Jotting a welcome note onto the dry erase board propped on the kitchen counter.
– Stacking some magazines on the guest’s bed
-Setting out a try of cold drinks
– Leaving a stack of freshly laundered towels and new body wash in the guest bathroom
– Providing an empty basket for their family to use as a catch-all for their traveling items
– Writing out our network name and WiFi password so it’s easily accessible
hospitality = the friendly and generous reception and entertainment of guests, visitors, or strangers
Hospitality is easily nurtured by including everyone in your family. Encourage your children to greet guests at the door and invite kids into their activities.
Set out some fidget toys or old-fashioned games to help get them started.
Or perhaps your spouse knows you’ve had a long day and provides you with a fruity drink in a fun souvenir glass…then joins you for a few quiet moments.
All of these little touches communicate “you are known” and “you are welcome here.” We are ambassadors of our families and can minister Christ’s love to others through simple gestures.
So, put out that welcome mat and open your hearts for whoever may cross your threshold today!